Friday, October 21, 2016

Week 4 Forum


Topic 1: NPPA code of Ethics-

1. Item I found most compelling was #2- Resist being manipulated by staged photo opportunities.
I thought this was the most compelling because people fall victim to this one a lot and it's hard not to. We are supposed to wait it out for something interesting to happen to take photos of, but we often want to stage something to happen more than anything. Stood out to me because I have done that before and I know that it's hard not to stage things for your own benefit.

2. The one that stood out to me was the item about avoiding political involvements because I think that is a very important thing to understand. I think this matters because there will be some situations that will require you to go against what you believe in and no one wants to be forced to do that to avoid problems. I believe it's just better to avoid the situation all together.

3. Like I said before, it is really hard to avoid staging photos when you're in a rush or you really want a good photo. I would apply the rule of not staging things by just being patient and letting things play out themselves. If I had a subject that won't allow me to stage anything, that would also be helpful.


Topic 2: Favorite Photos-


I like this photo by James Dewey because the angle is really interesting and it 
shows how serious the police officer is.



I like this photo by Carlie Somatis because it has nice colors and it is just a nice
looking photo. I like the writing that's going on as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment