Friday, November 18, 2016

Week 8 Forum

TOPIC 1: TECHNOLOGY/INNOVATION

1. In my opinion, the single most important technological change or innovation in the history of photojournalism is the evolution of the camera itself. 

2. Without cameras, we wouldn't such a thing as photojournalism. I mean we might, but they would all be hand drawn or low quality photos. The evolution over the years has allowed us to take better photos that really tell a story and allow viewers to really experience what happened without being there. The technological advancements are incredible and things just keep getting better and better. We have things like the viewfinders that actually allow us to look at our photos after we have taken them, and different lenses to get the most out of the subject. 

3. I think the photographer Weegee stands above all others because he was a famous photographer who capitalized on the tabloid mentality. 

4. He had the ability to know what was going to happen and where and he would often be at the scene before the police to get the story first. He was the first photographer to use a police radio to get early tips about gangland shootings. He was very into his work and did what he needed to to to report the best news about crimes because he knew people were fascinated with the subject.

TOPIC 2: PHOTO STORY

--I plan to shoot Dad's Weekend this weekend at OSU. I will be shooting before shots of people setting up and then during, and then after. I will go around Corvallis and see if I can get some behind the scenes stuff. 

  • Overall-- A big group of dads tailgating at the football game on Saturday, or a overall shot of dads arriving to the frats and sororities. 
  • Medium-- I would like to shoot a medium shot of the dads playing games with their kids or a specific event that I see going on. 
  • Closeup-- A good closeup I want to get is the initial reaction of when the dads first arrive and I get the hug or greeting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment