Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 10 Forum

TOPIC 1: YOUR BEST PHOTOJOURNALISM

  1. The best photo that I took this term was the overall shot of the Multnomah Volleyball team for the sports assignment.
  2. I this this picture stands out because it gives a good idea about what is going on during the game, and everyone in the shot is doing something and contributing to the play the team is making. It was a good overall shot of the team and kind of leads off the whole story.
  3. Players are looking in a way that we can see their faces. This picture is a true overall shot and we can tell what is happening or about to happen. We can also see the ball in the shot which was one of our goals for the assignment. I used the tools we have learned in order to position myself in the best way to get this overall shot.
  4. I have definitely gotten more comfortable with taking photos of people and it is easier for me to get up close with the subject and get a variety of shots. I also know how to better edit my photos now so that they look more interesting and intriguing. Cropping was a big thing that I learned more about and I was able to use that skill to better edit my photos with sports and with my hometown assignment. With my hometown assignment I had to be creative and step outside my comfort zone to get the portrait and mug shot.


TOPIC 2: YOUR GOALS

      1- My first goal is that I want to take better quality photos with something that matters. Improving my photo taking ability would make me a better photographer in the long run and I think other people would be more interested in my photos as well.
      2- My second goal is to learn how to edit my photos and learn how to use photoshop or some other editing site. I did some editing in my high school class but I feel like it wasn't actually about how to make the photos more interesting to look at, but to add random things to them.
      3- My third goal would be to become more courageous about taking pictures of things and not be worried about how people will react to me taking pictures of them or of something.


      I think I did a good job at accomplishing my goals that I set for myself at the beginning of the term. Over the course of the term I did learn how to take better quality photos and have subjects that are important. My assignments with news or feature subjects helped me accomplish this goal. Those subjects made for interesting photos and they helped me get involved with what goes on at LB. I also for sure learned how to better edit my photos and do so through photoshop. I had no experience before this class with actually editing my photos, so it was helpful to gain some new tools for doing so. I think I also did a better job over the term of getting more courageous with my photography skills and not being afraid to get out there and actually take photos of people and ask questions and get names. I did this in many of my assignments by getting progressively closer throughout the term and not being afraid to ask people's names.

No comments:

Post a Comment