Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Week 9 Forum

TOPIC 1 - TURNING PRO --

  • I would definitely like to continue my career as a photojournalist because that is part of what I would like to do for a career. If I am going to continue, I would need to get my own camera for starters. I would also need to find some sort of internship or job at a magazine where I can start getting my photos published.
  • This term I learned a lot of new skills to take better photos. I learned to get closer to all my subjects, make sure to get names for everyone (even if you won't use them), faster shutter speed for sports, wait a little longer to get the better photo, etc. I would still like to improve on all of those things, especially getting closer to my subjects and not being afraid to get into the action.
  • I would like to get a better camera and start taking more photos in my free time. I think it would be helpful to make a portfolio with all of my best work if I want to get a job somewhere. If I want to make that happen, I need to start taking news related photos and put myself out there to get the best shots.


TOPIC 2 - PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE WEEK--
  1. I really enjoyed Matt Cohen's photos because I rodeo as well, and it is always interesting to me to see the amazing photos that the sport produces.
  2. Matt's photos are always captivating and they capture everyone's personality really well. I will always remember some of his crazy shots. They always leave an impression on you and you are left wanting to see more. He always gets right in the middle of the action and produces different shots each time he snaps his camera. He also gets pictures from all different angles, uses different lenses, and takes photos during all times of the day, so you always get a wide variety. I love all of his "under the brim" shots because it shows each cowboy or cowgirls personality and makes you giggle every time.
  3. I think it would be awesome to shoot sports because you never know what will happen, so I could do what he does and get right in the middle of the action. Sometimes being risky will get you the best shot. It would also be helpful to use many different lenses like Matt does to give me a wide arrangement of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment