Friday, November 4, 2016

Week 6 Forum


TOPIC 1: MY HOMETOWN--

1. I am going to shoot in Cornelius, OR (a little in Verbort, OR and Forest Grove) because that is where I'm from and there's some interesting things to take pictures of all around town.
2. One portrait I could do is of my friend Johannah at the fire station. One landmark I could take would be Pacific University in Forest Grove which is basically the same town as Cornelius. One new or feature photo I could take would be at the Verbort Sausage Feed because it is a big deal in a little town and is normally on the news.
3. The photo that will pose the biggest challenge will be the sausage feed because it is inside and the lighting won't be good.

TOPIC 2: PHOTO EDITING--

1. The first tip I learned was about cropping the excess out. "Save the meat of the photo by cutting the fat." It is important to crop out anything that will distract the viewer from the main subject.
The second tip I learned about was preserving the mood of the photo. It is important that we are careful to not crop out the story within the photo when we are editing. Sometimes the whole picture tells the best story.

2. I can use these tools because cropping is important and it is necessary to get all the extra stuff out of the photo that isn't needed, but also being careful not to crop too much that would in turn get rid of the story itself within the photo. A picture can look totally different when you crop it and taking too much off can be more distracting than the stuff that you originally cropped out to begin with. Take out the things that are distracting, but not the important parts. These tips will help me because they can help me get my story across through pictures, but not take out too much or leave in too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment