Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 7 Forum

TOPIC 1: SHOOTING SPORTS

1. -Summarizing the event in one photo is helpful because you might only be able to choose one photo and you want to be able to show what the main point of action was within that one photo. People should be able to tell the highlight of a sporting event through your one picture.
-Making the most of autofocus is important because it can help you take better photos. Autofocus refrains you form overdoing photos and making them blurry if you try to go too fast. It allows you to take more photos, at a faster rate, without having to make sure the camera is physically focused before you take each photo.

2. Photographers use these techniques to make their sports photography better because it allows them to take higher quality photos and really tell the story of the game through their camera. Making sure they have the right focus on their camera will allow their viewers to feel like they were at the event without actually being there.

3. I can use the tip about summarizing the event in one photo because it will allow me to tell a story through my best photo. It will make each picture I take more dramatic and people will be intrigued by the one I choose to publish. I think this skill is important to include in my photos so that I can get my main point across through one photo that summarizes the whole event.
I can use the tip about making the most of autofocus because I often overthink my work and don't let the autofocus on my phone or camera do its job.


TOPIC 2: ACTION/SPORTS PHOTOS

1. My subject is a Multnomah University volleyball team during a game.
2. I have already shot my subject at Multnomah University in Portland, OR.
3. -Overall: Shot of the whole team or the overall gym during the game that includes everything.
-Medium: Shot of a player at peak action hitting the ball or serving.
-Closeup/detail: Shot of a player focusing before a play

No comments:

Post a Comment